Communication : Accessibility to information, feedback and county processes
Accountability: Equity and Inclusion
Opportunities: Communities to support and engage in the process
Transparency: How do you know your programs and initiatives work? Why are they important?
Foua-Choua has a long history of actively participating on boards and collaborations. She is currently the chair of the CECLC (Cultural, Ethnic, Communities and Leadership Council), this council supports Minnesota Department of Human Services. She believes in co-creating with communities as an approach to bring equity to the table. A life-long community health worker, she pledged her life to bringing access to information for Ramsey County communities in all intersections of human and social services. She has a passion on boards to have continuous conversation about sustainability and mission driven outcomes.
List of current boards:
Cultural, Ethnic, Communities and Leadership Council for Department of Human Services: Chair
- The purpose of the council is to advise the commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) on reducing disparities and inequities that affect racial and ethnic groups with in DHS programs. The council, consisting of 15 to 25 members appointed by the commissioner, is charged with reviewing DHS policies for racial, ethnic, cultural, linguistic and tribal disparities and providing an annual report regarding equitable delivery of services.
Hearth Connection: Member of the Finance Committee
- Mission: Hearth Connection believes that everyone deserves a home. We work with government entities, community stakeholders, non-profit partners, and direct service providers to strengthen Minnesota’s network of services for people experiencing homelessness, so everyone has housing and the resources they need to thrive.
MORE Empowerment: Board Member at Large
- Mission: MORE provides refugees and immigrants with education and support, helping them achieve economic and social independence today and for generations to come.
MN Breast Feeding Coalition: Board Member at Large
- Mission: Working collaboratively to create environments where breastfeeding is valued and supported to achieve natural infant feeding equity in all Minnesota communities.
MN Community Health Workers Alliance: Policy Committee and CHW member
- Mission: Build community and systems capacity for better health through the integration of community health worker (CHW) strategies.
Suburban Ramsey County Family Collaborative: Cultural Advisory Board Member
- Mission: Connecting individuals, families and community resources to create relationships which enhance the well-being of our kids; cradle to career.
Twin Cities CHW HUB: Cultural Advisory Board Member
- The Hub offers a single point of access for healthcare partners to refer individuals for care. Building on the well established Pathways Community HUB model and utilizing an outcomes-based payment structure, the Hub aims to reduce disparities in health outcomes for communities of color, low-income communities, and other historically underserved populations.